On The Web
Leigh Law Group
870 Market Street
San Francisco, SF 94102
Leigh Law Group also
180 Harbor Drive,
Sausalito, CA 94965
Alt Fax/phone: 415.480.6120
Leigh Law Services
Contact Us Now
• Mandy Leigh
• Sarah Fairchild
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation.
We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.
No Upcoming Events
SAN FRANCISCO SPECIAL EDUCATION ATTORNEYS AND ADVOCATES
The Leigh Law Group is a group of San Francisco attorneys and child advocates that work to assist parents in obtaining a free and appropriate public education (“FAPE”).
The FAPE standard is a right that is specifically outlined in both federal and state law and requires that school districts provide educational programming, services and placement that is designed to meet the child’s unique needs so that the child may make measurable gains within a year’s time.
If your child is determined to be eligible for special education services by your school district following a thorough assessment, then he or she may be entitled to either a Section 504 plan or an Individualized Educational Program (IEP). If you are trying to educate yourself about special education, you should consult with an attorney, however we do offer some helpful tips on our facebook page and blog.
AFFORDABLE RATES HELP YOU HELP YOUR CHILD
We do not charge for our initial consultation. The process starts with a free phone call or in person meeting with our office to get a general idea of your situation. In the event that you and your school district cannot agree on appropriate programming, placement, services or special education eligibility, state and federal law allow the parent of a child with special needs to file for an administrative proceeding referred to as “due process”. The special education laws provide that parents who win in the due process hearing may be entitled to have their reasonable attorney fees paid by the school district. This fee provision allow us to charge our clients reduced or lower fees.
SPECIAL EDUCATION IS A FORMAL PROCESS AND WE CAN HELP YOU
THROUGH THE MAZE
Obtaining a FAPE during your child’s time in school impacts their ability to further their education, employment and gain independent living skills. Our team of San Francisco attorneys and advocates helps countless individuals focusing exclusively on your child’s needs. If your child has or you suspect he/she has the following, your child is entitled to
ADHD/ADD, Autism, Asperger’s, Other Health Impairments, Physical Impairments, Developmental Delays, Behavioral Disorders, Emotional Disturbance, Writing Disorders, Reading Disorders, Hearing Impairment, Visual Impairment, Speech Delays, Language Disorders, Auditory Processing, Orthopedic Impairments and a Learning Disability.
Under Certain Situations We Strongly Recommend You Obtain Help
- The first IEP or 504 plan meeting
- Over several 504 plan or IEP meetings, you cannot agree with your district
- Your child isn’t making anticipated progress or they are not meeting their goals on a yearly basis
- Your child has been denied special education eligibility and you disagree
- Your child is being suspended or expelled
- Your school district wants to graduate your child but you believe your child isn’t prepared or ready to graduate
- Your school district has taken you to due process or filed a complaint against you
- You are being retaliated against for advocating for your child
- You disagree with the school district’s evaluations of your child
- You have been advised the school district is bringing its attorney to the 504 plan or IEP meeting
- Your child’s 504 plan or IEP is not being implemented
- You are too emotionally involved to properly advocate for your child
- You completed the due process hearing and need an attorney to appeal your case to state or federal court
To set up a time that you can speak to an attorney at our office about your claim,
please fill out our contact form.
The Leigh Law Group, located in San Francisco, represents people nationwide and throughout the state of California including the East Bay and the South Bay, including Oakland, San Mateo, Los Angeles County, Orange County, County of San Diego, San Jose, Walnut Creek, Berkeley, Hayward, Fremont, Modesto, Stockton, Redwood City, Palo Alto, San Rafael, Concord, Antioch, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Diego Counties and Sacramento; and in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, Stanislaus County, San Joaquin County, Monterey County, Santa Clara County, Napa County, Sonoma County, San Mateo County and Solano County.